Sunday, July 23, 2006

Streak To The Finish at the Pennsylvania 500, Just the Bare Facts...


First off, I would like to congratulate Denny Hamlin on his most impressive and dominating win in the Pennsylvania 500. Not too shabby for a rookie and had not driven on this track until last June where, if you remember, he took the pole and the win in the Pocono 500. It is deja vous with the Pennsylvania 500, where he took the pole and the win. Denny led 151 of 200 laps during the race, it was his race to win. If this kid does not win the Rookie of the Year, it will be the shocker of the year. Also, what do you think his chances are of making it into the Chase? Personally, I see him in the Chase but I wouldn't expect him to win the Championship, it just may be too much pressure for him but only time will tell.

Do you think the race was exciting? I think I spent more time flipping through the channels then watching the race. Don't get me wrong, the race did have some moments but Pocono is not really known for exciting racing. I am not a big fan of superspeedways (2.5 mile tracks) and the only one that is truly nail biting is Talladega, just due to the pure speed and going 3 and 4 wide, you gotta love it.

Okay, do you think Tony Stewart needs a remedial course in anger management? You could see he was upset over the mistake made by Bowyer but to run down and hit him and in return take out another car (Edwards) is just totally uncalled for and not a sign of a past Champion, he needs to maintain his composure, he is lucky he didn't wreck himself in the process. Remember also that Tony did this to Kenseth in the Daytona 500 and Matt was lucky noone was coming when he slid back up the track. Now, do you think Edwards was right in what he did to retaliate against Stewart? I will give Carl credit for having the guts to do that to Stewart but these guys need to settle it behind the haulers and not on the track. Someone is going to kill somebody. I wouldn't be surprised if Nascar hands out some fines this week.

Not too much else to report for this race, like I said, to me it was pretty ho hum. As far as grading TNT's tv coverage this week, well I will move them up to a C and that is just because they did break back into the race when something happened but geesh, do you think they can cut back on the commerical breaks? I am sure they can find something to talk about during the dead time in the race or perhaps not.

As a side note, if you watched the Busch race on Saturday, you would of noticed that Allen Bestwick was in the broadcasting booth and that is where he should be, he is the most knowledgable one that NBC/TNT has in their arsenal and during the Cup races, he is on pit road, what a waste!!! Bring Allen back to the booth!!!

Well we have a week off and then off to Indianapolis for the Allstate 400. Will Tony defend his win from last year? With the way his teammate, Denny Hamlin is running, Tony may be in trouble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While watching the race this afternoon I decided to get some ironing done at the same time and um...found the ironing more exciting! LOL

Great job by Hamlin, I am very happy for him and his team. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it to the final 10 and what a wonderful experience if he did.

Tony has got to control his aggressiveness and shame on Edwards...he should know better. And after all the cheering I did for him at Loudon last week too... *tisk tisk Carl* Someone is definitely going to get hurt pulling these types of stunts.

RC said...

Hey Tom! I'm sorry I haven't been commenting over here as much as I used to. I've been slacking on my blog reading BIG time.

I agree with you completely about Allen. I don't know who thought of the bright idea to switch Webber with him, but it was a bad one.

I like your new "Streak to the finish" thing you have going on here!

Good post.

What People Are Saying

Our Reviews
"Always liked your site, and Dale Jarrett was always a class act in my opinion, great job."

Bill
squidoo.com/jr88
"Great blog! Color and design is attractive. Graphics are quite good and appropriate to content. Interesting content. Navigates great. Top graphic on home page was quite slow loading just a FYI. Over all very nice job. Much success!"

Pat
redneckgazette.macwebsitebuilder.com/home.html
Get your own reviews, free traffic at

Check Out M80