Monday, November 27, 2006

Passing The Time During The Off-Season


So what do you do to occupy your time during the off-season and anxiously awaiting the start of testing and speed weeks at Daytona? It is difficult to realize the 2006 season is finished and now that the crews have some well deserved time off to spend with their friends and family. My Sundays now consist of watching the NFL and getting my honey-to-do-list finished before the snow up here in Connecticut hits. To be honest, I did accomplish some of those things during the races. Yes, yes, I know what kind of fan pulls him/herself away from the TV to work on such things as cleaning out the gutters or winterizing the house? Well, the races in the Chase were not really that exciting to watch and I did find myself channel surfing during the endless commercial breaks. Here are some things that might help you pass the time during the off-season:

1. Put up those Christmas decorations.
2. Get the car ready for the winter weather.
3. Visit the website
www.racetalkradio.com and check out the live broadcasts during the week, there is something for everyone to listen to and you can even phone in and be a part of the show.
4. Or do you like to do donuts? Then you have to check out
www.doindonuts.com you never know what to expect.
5. For great editorials, go to Dennis Michelson's site at
www.stockcarpitpass.com and Mike Harper's Spin Out Zone at www.spinoutzone.com
How about doing that paint project that you have been putting off.
7. Do you have a fireplace? Then what are you waiting for, get out there and start splitting and stacking that wood.
8. If you own a website, like me, make sure you are working on it a little at a time to be ready for the start of the 2007 Season.
9. Possibly do some EBay shopping.
10. Catch up with old friends that you lost touch with in the past.
11. Follow your favorite NFL football team.

There are probably things that I am forgetting so please chime in and share your thoughts. I hope you and your families
had a wonderful thanksgiving

3 comments:

DaleJarrett4Ever said...

Hi Stephen,

I am wondering how to do that on my blog. Is there a setup under Blogger to do that? If so, could you please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

RC said...

The decorations are up and I live in North Carolina, so winterizing anything is pointless. lol

What do I do now Tom!? lol

No really, I'm okay...

TalkGeorge said...

I just watch old races...vroom!

What People Are Saying

Our Reviews
"Always liked your site, and Dale Jarrett was always a class act in my opinion, great job."

Bill
squidoo.com/jr88
"Great blog! Color and design is attractive. Graphics are quite good and appropriate to content. Interesting content. Navigates great. Top graphic on home page was quite slow loading just a FYI. Over all very nice job. Much success!"

Pat
redneckgazette.macwebsitebuilder.com/home.html
Get your own reviews, free traffic at

Check Out M80