Friday, October 13, 2006

Under The Lights At Lowe's...

If you have never experienced a race under the lights, then you have to make a trip to Lowe's Motor Speedway. Yes, we all know the infamous Bristol night race, which I am not saying isn't fantastic and spectacular, but those cars under the lights at Lowe's is something that can not be missed.

Our first experience was back in October 2004 when they hosted the first night race at Lowe's. Kasey Kahne was dominating the race until his tire blew out in Turn 2, right where we were sitting. Seeing the sparks fly and the cloud of smoke is totally different at night. Trust me, I am not one for seeing drivers get in wrecks but wow, it is exciting to see.

The cars going into the turns and bottoming out. The lights shining off of those wonderful paint schemes. A sight to behold.

This Saturday night should not be any different as the Cup drivers head to the Bank Of America 500. It is strange to see the race change its name but the banks do have the most money and of course the biggest buildings in any city in case you didn't realize it.

Congratulations to Scott Riggs on taking the pole for Saturday nights race. This guy is really out to prove he is for real and from what I have seen in the races, he is gaining respect everytime.

Good luck to all the drivers and of course GO DALE GO!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you there, Tom? I was, too! I don't know if you know I live outside Charlotte now, so it only took me a half hour or so to get there! Woohoo! :) (Took 3 hours to get home, though!) What an amazing race! I haven't gotten a chance to write a full review of it yet, but I did write about how it made me feel to be there. It was simply spectacular.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to experience this track and a race under the lights. Been through the airport at Charlotte and found it fun to see all the Nascar memorabilia! Now that I've been to two races I suppose I cannot use the nic "New2Nascar" anymore!! LOL Keep up the great job here Tom...love visiting your blog!

What People Are Saying

Our Reviews
"Always liked your site, and Dale Jarrett was always a class act in my opinion, great job."

Bill
squidoo.com/jr88
"Great blog! Color and design is attractive. Graphics are quite good and appropriate to content. Interesting content. Navigates great. Top graphic on home page was quite slow loading just a FYI. Over all very nice job. Much success!"

Pat
redneckgazette.macwebsitebuilder.com/home.html
Get your own reviews, free traffic at

Check Out M80