Monday, July 16, 2007

Inspiration & Desire...

My Daughters Kaitlynne(left) & Chelsey (right)
during Father's Day



Okay, now all of you are probably wondering what the heck I am going to talk about with a title called "Inspiration & Desire."



First, lets break down each word:



1. Inspiration: the act of influencing or suggesting opinions



2. Desire: to long or hope for



Both of these words relate to a great deal of things in our lives. We have those in our lives that give us that inspiration to better ourselves in all that we do. I am sure everyone has someone in their life that gives them that extra push that they need in their life. Someone that is always there when you need words of encouragement or to lend a helping hand. You see these types of things happen in NASCAR all the time. These crews and drivers that come out week after week looking to be the car in Victory Lane and hold that trophy high up in the air. Take Denny Hamlin for example, do you remember who he said inspired him to pursue his dream of racing? It was his mom and dad that always backed Denny in what he dreamed of doing and even took out a second mortgage to finance his racing. There are two special people in my life and those are the two in the picture above. My daughters are my inspiration. Now if that isn't inspiration, I don't know what is.



There was a time for myself where I found that I almost gave up on this blog along with my website. I have been doing my website now for 5 years and this blog just over a year so to just toss it all off to the side would take alot for me to do and as I said, I was so close to doing it. Suddenly something happened in my life that gave me that "Inspiration" to start working on my website again and start blogging. It only takes one moment in time that turns your life around for the better and I have my Guardian Angel out there keeping a constant eye on me making sure that whenever I start to have those thoughts in my head to kick my ass to the curb and put me back on the right path. I know that you all have someone like that in your lives and always be thankful for those people.



Now how about that word Desire. This can be seen in the eyes of every driver when they get behind that wheel whether it is the Cup, Busch, Truck, ARCA or any kind of race series. The desire to win and always be remembered for winning at that track. Do you think that desire plays into any part of the Cup series when they race the Daytona 500? Oh Hell Yes!!! That is a dream of every driver and that dream FINALLY came true for the late, great Dale Earnhardt and did you see the reaction of the fans and every pit crew. To see everyone lined up to congratulate him as he drove by, that is a wonderful part of this sport. Even though these teams go head to head every week, at the end of the race they are one big family. What is your desire? Do you have one? Could your desire be just to be happy for the rest of your life? I know for a fact that I have always desired to share my life with that special someone where I can just be myself and not worry about being judge. To be able to just sit and talk and tell each other about one anothers day. Desire is a very strong word to use but when you really want something in your life that you have been waiting for a lifetime, you have to reach out and take hold of it and never let it go. Always remember the saying "Keep your eye on the prize."



Who inspires you? What do you desire?



I want to share this quote with everyone that My Guardian Angel sent to me:



Just as the wind dances in my hair, as the ocean massages my thoughts, as the sun blankets me in happiness, and as the earth travels with me across universal challenges, so all the elements of your love fill my life

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I'm glad you started writing again. I had visited your sites several times, looking for activity after seeing your blog listed in many of the NASCAR bloggers's rolls. I'll be a regular now.

DaleJarrett4Ever said...

Thank you for your kind words Charlie. Looking forward to you coming back.

Racefan57 said...

Hey Tom... great post. I'm also inspired by my kids... several!! Inspiration can only be used if we are not blinded by life's blowouts. I've been watching the "Gong Show" competition on Discovery HD... it's Roush racing's way of getting some young drivers a chance to show their talents... it's very inspiring to see these young men try so hard to make it in NASCAR.

Anonymous said...

keep it rolling Bud ..your on my blogroll...

What People Are Saying

Our Reviews
"Always liked your site, and Dale Jarrett was always a class act in my opinion, great job."

Bill
squidoo.com/jr88
"Great blog! Color and design is attractive. Graphics are quite good and appropriate to content. Interesting content. Navigates great. Top graphic on home page was quite slow loading just a FYI. Over all very nice job. Much success!"

Pat
redneckgazette.macwebsitebuilder.com/home.html
Get your own reviews, free traffic at

Check Out M80