Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Kissing The Bricks...Did you know

How the tradition started at Indy of kissing those gritty and rubber filled bricks? Well being a huge Dale Jarrett fan, I will let you all in on the details, of course I know some of you already know the answer but this is my blog so I can say whatever I want...LOL

Back in 1999 when Dale Jarrett won the Brickyard 400, his crew chief, Todd Parrot suggested that the entire team go over to the finish line, turn their hats backwards, kneel down and all at the same time kiss the bricks. What do you know? Something as simple as that has turned out to be a tradition for the winner. DJ may not be having the stellar season, but he and his crew chief from the past did make history numerous times...as a matter of fact, DJ won the championship that same here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's become a good tradition..the only times I have kissed the ground was on a dirt bike and once when I got off a flight on Grace L. Ferguson's Storm Door and Airline company in northern Canada..which I guess doesn't really count like kissing the bricks..

Anonymous said...

I hope DJ gets to kiss the bricks again, anywhere, before he exits...

What People Are Saying

Our Reviews
"Always liked your site, and Dale Jarrett was always a class act in my opinion, great job."

Bill
squidoo.com/jr88
"Great blog! Color and design is attractive. Graphics are quite good and appropriate to content. Interesting content. Navigates great. Top graphic on home page was quite slow loading just a FYI. Over all very nice job. Much success!"

Pat
redneckgazette.macwebsitebuilder.com/home.html
Get your own reviews, free traffic at

Check Out M80