Monday, March 13, 2006

My Retirement Flag


Hi again everyone,

I wanted to share this picture with you because it really means the world to me. This picture was taken by a friend of mine who attended last years Coca-Cola race at Charlotte (May 2005). This was taken right out front where they display all the flags. As you can see, there is an American Flag right up front, well that is my retirement flag. I retired that August from the Navy after 20 years of service. You are allowed to have your flag flown wherever you want and guess what...there it is...right out front. It flew there the entire weekend. Humpy Wheeler even signed an official letter from Lowe's telling how my flag was flown..how cool is that. Here are some other places it was flown:

-Dale Jarrett Inc. in Hickory (sent me pictures of them raising the flag)

-Driven in the #14 Navy car at Kentucky last year by David Stremme (signed certificate from David Stremme, Terry Bradshaw, and Fitz), stating it was driven at 168.114 mph.

-Flown on two of my old boats (USS San Juan SSN-751 and USS Memphis SSN-691)

It was funny at my retirement when they announced to everyone where my flag was flown, noone has ever heard of a flag being flown at a racetrack for the entire weekend or driven in a race car.

Yep, I am unique and hey it is my flag.

Have a great one!!!

Tom
"Where the rubber meets the pavement"
www.dalejarrett4ever.com

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Wow...congratulations! That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your story...that is certainly something to be proud of!

Clance' McClannahan said...

Oh that is too cool!! Congrats!!

Rusty said...

Wow! What an honor! How did you get them to fly it?

What People Are Saying

Our Reviews
"Always liked your site, and Dale Jarrett was always a class act in my opinion, great job."

Bill
squidoo.com/jr88
"Great blog! Color and design is attractive. Graphics are quite good and appropriate to content. Interesting content. Navigates great. Top graphic on home page was quite slow loading just a FYI. Over all very nice job. Much success!"

Pat
redneckgazette.macwebsitebuilder.com/home.html
Get your own reviews, free traffic at

Check Out M80