Friday, March 03, 2006

Who should be inducted first?




I was reading on SI.com that they have 10 drivers who should be inducted first into the soon to be Hall Of Fame. Here are their picks (not in any specific order):

1. Richard Petty
2. Dale Earnhardt
3. Junior Johnson
4. Big Bill France
5. Fireball Roberts
6. Fred Lorenzen
7. Buck Baker
8. Bobby Allison
9. David Pearson
10. Darrell Waltrip
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my picks:

1. Dale Earnhardt (no brainer here)
2. Richard Petty (be silly not to see the King inducted first)
3. Alan Kulwicki (the man did make a difference, plus he gave us the Polish victory lap)
4. Junior Johnson (fastest Moonshine runner ever)
5. Bill France (hey one of the founding fathers)
6. Fireball Roberts (come on, with a name like that)
7. Bobby Allison (One of the Living Legends and part of the Alabama Gang)
8. David Pearson (hey, the Silver Fox is only second to the King in victories)
9. Darrell Waltrip (if he doesn't get in first, we will never hear the end of it)
10. Ned Jarrett (The "Gentleman" with 8 different Hall Of Fames deserves a place there)

What would be your Top 10?

2 comments:

Clance' McClannahan said...

I agree with your choices. I also think they should honor Dick Ralstin, the former Manger of Public Relations at Goodyear's Racing Division. He had a lot to do with instututing the safety changes in tires for the sport.
I did a post about him with a link to his website(which is awesome by the way....tons of stories from the old day with the good ol boys)on Dec 13th,05.
We are HUGE DJ fans too.

Cassandra said...

I think you did good there on your choices!

I'm still a newbie at NASCAR. I've only been watching since near the start of the 2004 season, so I don't try to pretend I have any insight on NASCAR past when I wasn't a part of it then.

Yep, I think Denny Hamlin was a great pick for Gibbs. He's doing great!
Nice to meet you, by the way!!

What People Are Saying

Our Reviews
"Always liked your site, and Dale Jarrett was always a class act in my opinion, great job."

Bill
squidoo.com/jr88
"Great blog! Color and design is attractive. Graphics are quite good and appropriate to content. Interesting content. Navigates great. Top graphic on home page was quite slow loading just a FYI. Over all very nice job. Much success!"

Pat
redneckgazette.macwebsitebuilder.com/home.html
Get your own reviews, free traffic at

Check Out M80